Please Note: This document will change as new information is provide to the preschool. Please check it often. Last updated November 30, 2020
With COVID-19 still being a major part of our lives, we believe children need to be encouraged and challenged and given the opportunity to learn in a safe and healthy and fun environment. It is so important to us that our preschoolers have the opportunity to grow and be themselves. We will do our absolute best to ensure their health and safety while enriching their minds!
With that, in addition to some changes we as a school are making and the guidelines set out by the Alberta government and Alberta Health Services, the following guidelines will be in place until further notice:
- Our teachers teach more than one cohort (class), so they will be wearing masks at all times. Students are not required to wear masks at this
age, however if you feel you would like to teach your child to wear a mask during class time, your child will be supported in that decision.
- Teachers will wash their hands and have access to hand sanitizer and are encouraged to use often.
- Staff and Children will need to have their temperatures taken and complete a health checklist before dropping children off at school. If your Normal temperature range is 35.5-37.5 degrees Celsius. Please check the instructions with your device for the correct instructions. - If
during class, your child exhibits signs of a fever, the teacher will retake their temperature (please see below for more information on
- All students and staff will wash their hands upon entering the school and through out the class when changing activities.
- If students or staff are ill, it is a legal requirement to be away for 10 days or until symptoms subside, whichever is longer. At this time, we
have been told by Alberta Health that if your child or our staff are ill and get tested for COVID 19 and have a negative test, they can return to
the classroom before the 10 days is over as long as symptoms have subsided.
- Sub teachers will be required to wear a mask.
- Class sizes will be well below the Alberta Health Guidelines of 30 per cohort. We are looking at no more than 22 per cohort.
- Toys that can not be cleaned and disinfected will not be used.
- Surfaces will be cleaned throughout class as well as in between classes and a professional clean at the end of the school day.
- Toys will be cleaned and disinfected and changed out between class so different classes will have different toys/activities then the other
classes. These will rotate so students will have new items all the time this year.
- Outdoor equipment will be disinfected between classes when it is available for use.
- Sand/Water and other sensory areas will be closed for now. We will be offering other fun activities instead.
- Drop off and pick up will be different this year: (this may change and parents will be advised of any changes)
- Teachers will meet families at the front gate (please social distance), check the child into class and make sure the health check form is
complete. Children will start their day outside
- At the end of class, teachers will dismiss students from the gate.
- When possible please have the same parent/guardian pick up and drop off
- Parents will be discouraged from entering the school at this time.
- There will be no non-essential visitors at the program
- If you would like to speak with a teacher, please contact via our Class Dojo App and the teacher will set up a time to have a telephone or
video conference call with you.
- If your child is ill, please have them stay home for the day. We are required to advise you to have your child tested before they return to class.
It is your choice but if they were negative, they would get to come back to class sooner. There will be no reduction in class fees for illness.
- If your child shows signs of illness while at the school, they will be isolated with supervision and the parents/guardians will be asked to come
and pick up their child immediately (this is regular protocol).
- No sick child will be able to attend the program. Stay home and get better quickly so they little ones can return to school.
- Teachers will always be there for your child. We will be encouraging air fives this year. How fun will that be?
- Teachers are looking at smaller activities throughout the class and more outside time.
- Field Trips and special guests, will be postponed until Alberta Health Guidance changes. This will include special concert days and
occasions (I am sure our teachers are working on a fun way to still bring this to families).
- Physical Distancing: The Alberta Government recognizes that children of preschool age find it very hard to social distance. This is why we
are picking up on our cleaning routines and we will be encouraging small group activities and outside time. In addition, where possible, we
will be spacing the children further apart then normal.
- Please leave all non essential personal items and home. We are working on other show and tell activities to work on their public speaking
skills. More news will come at the start of the school year.
- If your family travels during the school year, your child will need to follow all Canada Health & Alberta Health Guidelines for quarantine upon
return home. There will be no reduction in class fees.
- What happens if a case of COVID is identified at the school?
- We will communicate with parents.
- If 2 or more children are identified as having symptoms consistent with COVID-19, the preschool will follow outbreak notification
procedures as per routine zone protocols.
- We will follow Alberta Health Services mandate and instructions and close down for a minimum 72 hours so they can conduct contract
tracing and repeat a through cleaning of the facility and any other recommendations provided to us from Alberta Health Services.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school at . We are happy to answer all